Certification of Ownership & Storage Agreement
While Progress Storage strives to provide convenient easy to access parking and self-storage, we still need to cover a few legal issues and site rules. By renting space from us you agree that:
- You will confirm move out and get a move out receipt from the booking system. Without a confirmed move out charges continue to apply and can not be refunded. To confirm move out contact our service centre at 1 (855) 649-9857.
- You understand that Progress Storage does not issue refunds for unused portions of a rental term (monthly, semi-annually, annual). Rates, including discounts for prepayment, are based on this no refund policy.
- You are responsible for your own insurance. Progress Storage can not and does not insure your goods or vehicles and takes no liability for anything that is stored on the property. Progress Storage only rents space and does not take care, custody or control of anyone’s property. We can not stop thieves from breaking into the yard or otherwise gaining access to the property. We can not prevent fire, extreme weather, Acts of God, earthquakes or other hazards and are NEVER responsible for what happens to your property. By renting space from Progress Storage you agree to RELEASE Progress Storage and its affiliates from ANY LIABILITY for anything that happens to you or your property.
- You will secure the gate at all times. Every current client has and should use their own unique gate code. Don’t participate in or allow tailgating. Don’t share your personal code with other people as anything they do will be traced back to you. Our collective security is only as good as the weakest link.
- You will not pollute the property or the environment with your activities at Progress Storage. Don’t store or discharge hazardous materials, explosives, highly flammable material or dangerous; or noxious substance. No item will be stored in the storage area which would violate any law or ordinance now or hereafter in force in the country.
- You will show pride in the storage yard by not leaving garbage around. When you move out of a storage unit, sweep it clean ready for the next user. No storing of junk around parking spaces or outside storage containers. You will also be a good citizen that picks up and dispose of any garbage you see around your space. While you are keeping your spot clean, please pull any large weeds up too.
- You will secure your vehicle or storage space properly. Vehicles and storage units that are left unlocked present temptation and encourage crimes of opportunity. Lock up or remove batteries, propane tanks, bikes, and tools. Use a hitch lock. Consider wheel locks or chains. Factory RV door locks are very weak, so consider a good deadbolt or supplementary padlock for your doors. Don’t give Progress Storage a reputation as a place where it is easy to steal things because people don’t lock their stuff up. Solar motion lights mounted on your RV are a great idea to improve security.
- You will be alert to suspicious behaviour and act on it. Normal clients go to their spot and drop off or pick up. Normal clients know the gate code, the owner’s name and have likely met the security team. Normal clients will introduce themselves and know what spot they are in. Normal clients don’t wander around the yard looking at other people’s things, checking doors etc. Be friendly and introduce yourself. Those that are up to evil are not interested in being identified or exposed.
- You will bring NO junk RVs or vehicles used for storage of personal effects. All vehicles shall be presentable, operable, and usable for their intended purpose (such as camping). If you need to store personal property rent a storage container and lock it up. Progress Storage is not a dumping ground or junk yard for worthless vehicles.
- You will be responsible to pay your storage account. Keep a valid credit card with current expiry date on file with Progress Storage or make special arrangements with management. All charges are due in advance. Call our service centre at 1-855-649-9857 or log in to your account to update payment details.
- You accept a lien on your goods or vehicles when stored. If you remove items subject to a storage lien it is a form of theft. You agree that Progress Storage has the right to seize (from anywhere) and hold any vehicle removed from the storage facility without the storage account being paid in full. You will pay the tow bills and other costs of seizing and storing the vehicle.
- You will pay your storage account each month (or other applicable period) in advance of the storage period by the due date. Failure to pay on time will incur a 5% late fee. If you do not pay for storage in a timely manner your things will be sold at auction under the WAREHOUSE LIEN ACT (BC).
- You will update your contact info with Progress Storage if it changes. Call our service centre at 1-855-649-9857 or log in to your account to make updates.
- You will vacate the space on 30 calendar days notice from Progress Storage. You will immediately (within 24 hours) vacate the storage facility if you are found by Progress Storage to have seriously breached the rules or are judged a possible security risk. If you fail to remove item(s) in storage after being required by Progress Storage to do so, Progress Storage may deem that your item(s) were abandoned and are thereafter subjected to disposal in accordance to any applicable laws in BC.
- You certify that any stored vehicle is and will remain registered to yourself or a close family member in accordance with applicable laws. (business clients, registered to the business). You will only store personal property that belongs to you and your immediate family. You will not sublet or share your storage space with other people.
We trust these simple commonsense rules will lead to a great experience at Progress Storage. If you have any questions or suggestions please call our service centre at 1-855-649-9857.
In an emergency or arrange an in person meeting call or text Cameron 604 835 3888.